September is Better Breakfast Month and I will be celebrating with a four part series sponsored by Hidden Villa Ranch!
I recently watched the film Food Inc. and it changed the way I thought about food as well as the way I shop for groceries. Needless to say, I was thrilled when Hidden Villa Ranch contacted me to be a part of the Better Breakfast campaign. Their company’s mission statement states “Hidden Villa Ranch is a diverse food company conducting Retail and Foodservice egg and egg product Sales. We also specialize in domestic and international trading and wholesaling of agricultural products. It is our mission to grow these businesses as a team, to have fun, to make money, and to do the right thing.” I love to support businesses that have a vision greater than the almighty dollar! I learned that Hidden Villa Ranch distributes many of my favorite products from Smart Balance to Horizon Organic.
“These products are as varied as the consumers they serve—providing a healthy alternative, a guarantee of animal welfare, an extended shelf life, or one of many other distinct benefits that our brands offer. We are proud to manage some of the most beloved egg brands and provide diverse choices in the egg case.”
I also want to tell you a little about NestFresh and what I have learned about this company. Their business started in 1991 in the beautiful state of Colorado, my home state! On the website they share that “NestFresh was built upon the principle that when businesses do the right thing everyone, from hens to humans, benefits. We are proud that these fundamentals are still the basis of our business to this day.”
Over the years their company grew and they now have regional, family owned farms producing their eggs across the nation. NestFresh is growing and Hidden Villa hopes to bring these humane, sustainably-farmed eggs to many other parts of the country. Nest Fresh assures you that “each of these farms are certified cage free by third party auditors committed to farm animal welfare to guarantee that they meet our strict standards of quality and humane animal treatment.” It makes me feel good to know that the animals are being treated well, and in turn the product is better. The hens are fed an all vegetarian diet and are raised without the use of drugs, hormones, and antibiotics. I feel safe feeding my family food that comes from a company that cares.
One week of the Better Breakfast Month has already passed and with the holiday weekend we took our “better breakfast” to the mountains for our camping adventure. I packed my NestFresh eggs, milk, and cheese to make the perfect “extra cheesy, cheesy eggs” as my boys like to call them. We also brought a few tubes of cinnamon rolls to warm up in my parents’ camper.
It was the perfect combo of salty and sweet, and gave my little fisherman lots of protein to keep them full all morning.
I’m sure we’ve all heard “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” before. It is definitely my favorite meal, whether I eat it in the morning, noon, or night! I am not an early riser, but one of my goals this month is to get up early enough to serve my family a better breakfast. I have two kiddos that I send off to school, and I want to get them started on the right track. My husband leaves for work in the morning, and he deserves a good start to his day as well. With a preschooler and baby at home we all need our energy too! It is going to mean getting myself into bed earlier, and wiping the sleepies out of my eyes with a good attitude when the sun rises! I hope that you will join me in making September a month full of better breakfast!
Hidden Villa Ranch has offered me a month’s worth of their NestFresh cage free, vegetarian fed, hormone-free eggs to get us started on our Better Breakfast journey and they would like to share the same with you!
BUY IT- You can currently buy NestFresh eggs in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Wyoming at THESE
WIN IT- Hidden Villa Ranch
is offering one lucky winner a month’s worth of their cage free eggs! You will receive 4 coupons for one dozen free NestFresh eggs redeemable at any of their retail locations!
Here is how to enter:
First Mandatory entry (must include email address with comment):
– Visit Hidden Villa and tell me something you learned, or why you would like to try their products.
Only after you have completed this first entry will you be eligible for additional entries! Extra entries are not required but offer many more chances to win.
*Remember to leave a separate comment for each additional entry and include your email address*
- 3 entries – Follow my blog publicly through Google Friend Connect (can be found at my left sidebar.) Please leave separate comments for each entry. Example “I follow your blog on GFC #1” , “I follow your blog on GFC #2” and “I follow your blog on GFC #3”
- 1 entry – Subscribe to my blog emails via Feedburner. Sign up box on my right sidebar under “subscribe.” Leave comment saying that you’ve done this.
- 2 entries – Blog about THIS giveaway between September 10th and September 16th. Link back to my site- leave the URL where you blogged. Please leave separate comments for each entry. Example “I blogged about your Nest Fresh giveaway @ http://www.yourblog #1” then “I blogged about your Nest Fresh giveaway @ http://www.yourblog #2”.
- 1 entry- Follow Makes Mama Smile on Facebook.
- 1 entry: Share this giveaway on Facebook. Please leave link to your status.
- 2 entries – Grab my Makes Mama Smile button! (found at right sidebar) Please leave the URL where it is posted.
- 1 entry Follow Makes Mama Smile on Twitter
- 1 entry (daily) Tweet about this giveaway – after this you may “tweet” daily and gain an extra entry each day that you tweet- limit one per day. Please leave a link to your tweet status.
Giveaway ends Friday, September 17th at 10:00 p.m. (MST)
Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog.
Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
*This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY.
Must be 18 years old or older to win.*
Thank you to Hidden Villa Ranch who provided me with the product for review.
All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received to conduct this review and giveaway.